Monday, August 27, 2007

he proposed!!




San Simeon, CA.
Our very first trip together was Summer 2006, San Simeon. Even then I knew he was the one for me. I took a chance at love and it rewarded me greatly with a best friend & future husband. Life is sweet. Te amo mi amor!

Scene:
08/24/2007
The Proposal...
7:45pm Sunset

We walk from the hotel to the ocean. The waves are crashing, a mother & her two sons pose for a photo op, and a older couple, years into their relationship hold one another's hand as they stroll down the beach. We find a spot in the sand, sit and watch the sunset. I bring out the camera and begin to take photos.

Brian {takes the camera away from me & proceeds to stand me up; we face eachother}: "I've loved you since the moment we met. I can see myself spending the rest of my life with you. [gets down on one knee, pulls out ring from pocket] Maria, will you marry me?"

Maria {deer in headlights, stunned, overwhelmed}: "SHUT UP!"

Brian [nervous yet confident]: "I'm serious."

Maria: "Shut up!" (Hits Brian) [pulls an Elaine>Seinfeld reference]

Brian [grabs Maria's hand & puts the ring on]: "So I take that as a yes?"

Maria [over joyed & ecstatic]: "Yes, yes, yes!!" [we embrace & kiss as the sunsets]

Brian: "Do you like the ring?"

Maria: "I don't care about the ring. I love you, I love you!!"

~Fin~

No comments: