Thursday, March 20, 2008

Is it a boy or a girl?




I asked my mother a few weeks ago if she would like to join my husband and I at the "reveal." She was ecstatic.
The night before the big day, I tossed and turned half the night. I was nervous, excited and wanted to know if I was a carrying a healthy baby. So many thoughts began racing in my head: "Is there a chance that our child will be autistic?" "Are we going to be good parents?" "How will we shape the mind of this child?" "What does the future hold for us?" All I kept hearing from each doctors visit was that I was bleeding and the worst case scenario would be a miscarriage. That word was thrown around a lot. Finally my mind stopped racing and I was able to get 3 hours of sleep.
        
(pictured above: his "giblets" which look oddly similar to Atari's Asteroids)
The moment they told us I was in shock. "It's a boy!" I was so sure it was a girl. I told the doctor that we had already came up with a name, Christina Anabelle. She said,"It's going to be one funny looking girl." Brian was excited and my mother was thrilled to see the baby on the monitor. She saw the baby opening it's mouth, its heart flutter and arms moving. My mom was so excited that she was holding onto Brian tightly.

No comments: