Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I can cook!


I can cook!, originally uploaded by casa azul.
What is it: Thin Spaghetti with Basil Pesto & Tomato Salad
Recipe from: Design Sponge>Meg Mateo llasco

Okay, not quite visually appealing but believe me it tasted good! Ive been in search of new, semi healthy and quick fixing recipes for dinner. After I read the interview with Meg Mateo llasc on Design Sponge, I had to make it. The recipe seemed simple enough and the photo looked delicious!

Instead of just using the dried stuff that comes on the spice rack, I was working with fresh basil. At first I was intimidated. How can I make something that smells like its growing in my backyard taste good? Who knew cooking can go way beyond just salt, pepper and instant meals? So I'm venturing into a new territory that I'd like to continue with: working with fresh & new ingredients and cooking from scratch.

No comments: