Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Bites


Pumpkin Pie Bites, originally uploaded by casa azul.

For Christmas, I made these mini pumpkin pie bites from a recipe I found on Bakerella . I added a dollip of cool whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon to finish. Mmmm! I don't know about you, but this past year I was pumpkin pied out! It was an overload of pumpkinesque desserts: pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice rolls. No more pumpkin till next year.

I also made an apple pie (not pictured). It turned out way too lemony! I was so proud of the first one I made for Thanksgiving. It was perfect: the crust was crisp, flakey, sugary & buttery, the apples soft and filling tastey! Here I thought it would be perfect for Christmas eve dinner at the in laws. I was so stoked to show off my baking skills. But the pie turned out too lemony! Only my husband and mother-in-law ate from it. I ended throwing it away. I guess I got over zealous.

No comments: