Thursday, February 26, 2009

Diaper Cake for Lucas


Diaper Cake for Lucas, originally uploaded by casa azul.

Where: in the dining room making a diaper cake
Two Ups: Back into my creative mood & saw my sis and BIL in this weekend
Two Downs: Miss my sis & the little guy is teething :o(
Mood: Indecisive
Inspired by: my sisters diaper cake for my son and U.R. Beautiful

Well, I created my first diaper cake. What do you think? It's for a friend of mine. She gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Lucas. He is so adorable! They just grow up so fast ;o(

So what went into this diaper cake you ask. Well I'll tell you:
**70 Diapers - Mixture of Pampers Swaddler & Pampers Baby Dry (sizes Newborn, 1 & 2)
**4 Huge rubber bands (many of which decided to snap...ouch!)
**70 Clear Elastic Bands
**Flowers & Ribbon from JoAnns
**Carter's Newborn Boy's 2 Piece Pantset, Little Wonders Newborn Boy's 2-Pack Rompers With Bib - Dinosaurs, Just One Year Newborn Boys' Romper - Dino Yellow/Gray (you can't see them because they are rolled up in the center)

Here are a few great videos and blogs I found helpful:
How to Make A Diaper Cake and Susie Stamp A Lot

No comments: